Wedding Photography Tips for the Groom from Our Professional Photography Team
Getting ready for your wedding day is such an important time to share with your best friends, reminiscing about times past and the excitement of what the future as a married man will bring.
Here are some of our tips and thoughts for the groom and groomsmen about how to make these photographic memories special ones to cherish and look great in your wedding album.
1. Make sure the rooms are clean and tidy – assign a friend or family member to tidy up as you want to make sure you and the location look great in photos.
2. Practice the button holes – often no one knows how they go on and it can waste valuable photography time!
3. Clean all mirrored surfaces as we often use them for reflections.
4. Have all of the small details ready for photography – weddigrings, bow ties, button holes, shoes, socks, watches, gifts, speeches, love notes, cufflinks, cologne and suits.
5. Have sunglasses for everyone – they are handy for some great photography outside!
6. Family photos can be shot at this time and do save some time later on after the ceremony. If you can get family together at this time it is a good idea.
7. Think about including your beloved dog or cat.
8. Boys need to remember to empty their pockets for the photos – we don’t want to see keys, wallets and mobile phones as you will really notice them in the final wedding shots.
9. Know what time the cars or bikes are arriving and make sure there is plenty of time to have photographs with them.
10. With little children and pageboys – have someone on hand to help look after them and attend to them.
If you follow our expert photography tips you will be assured of a relaxing and organised day with the bridal party.